A free personalised service to help you recover from mental ill health.
Peer Support is a personalised service to support people in their recovery from mental ill health. All Peer Support Workers have their own experience of recovery.
Our service is about people creating relationships with peers and others in a new and different way that supports and promotes growth, recovery and general wellbeing.
What will we do?
- Share our own personal journeys to recovery, in a way that inspires hope.
- Offer help and support in a mutual and balanced relationship where we learn from each other.
- Support you in exploring your own power to recover.
- Support people to find their personal strength while we grow and learn together.
- Value your personal experience.
- Offer one-to-one and group Peer Support.
Who can access our service?
Anyone who is currently using Waitemata DHB Adult Mental Health Services in the North Shore or Rodney district is eligible for this service. If you would like to use our service, you can contact us via phone, fax, post or email.
Please note that we do not take referrals from clinicians.