Taking the first steps towards leadership, this pivotal role provides ‘glue and oil’ within a complex Birkdale based residential service, to ensure its smooth, efficient (but equally innovative and reassuringly individual) running.
Connect Supporting Recovery is a reputable NGO providing recovery focused mental health and addictions care service throughout Auckland and Hamilton, with $10million revenues and FTE staff numbers of 140.
There is a mix of peer-led, non-peer, dual diagnosis and collaborative services, including residential and respite facilities, mobile community teams, assisted employment agencies and a fledgling but vibrant social enterprise.
Originality and flexibility are balanced with practical processes, sound management and an uncanny ability to get the right things done – somehow!
A full-time 40 hours – opportunity currently exists at our Abeo House residential facility in Birkdale for a Shift Coordinator to:
- Plan and prepare shift work schedules and necessary resources
- Involving evening and weekend work
- Provide direct support to clients
- Role model effective working practice
- Claim central role for internal and external communication, providing clear, concise handovers
- Coordinate delivery of individualized programmes catering to client needs and including mental and physical health, social and practical life skills, addictive behaviours etc
- Monitor, record and report on all key and client pathway data
- Manage client entry and exits
- Provide Team Leader support as required
You must share and be able to act out the team’s passionately held belief in holistic, face to face, participative and highly innovative recovery-based approaches for a small, manageable caseload of clients. A sense of fun, team spirit and openness will complement a fine balance of positivity and pragmatism.
Although not expected to work waking nights, this is a rostered shift position. Previous experience within mental health and/or community based residential service would be advantageous but above all we are looking for those who can-do, can-learn and can-teach.
Copy and paste the employment application form into your browser to fill it in.
Employment application form: https://connectsr.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/Employment-application-form.pdf
Please forward the completed Employment application form, with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting advert reference AHSC
We look forward to working with you.