Reputable NGO actively seeks Supported Employment Consultant to coach North Shore/Rodney jobseekers experiencing mental ill health or distress. If you too firmly believe everyone can work given the right job and the right support, it’s nothing like as difficult as that might first sound…
EDGE Employment is an integral and autonomous division within Connect Supporting Recovery; an established NGO delivering recovery focused mental health care services throughout Auckland and Hamilton, with revenues in excess of $10million and 140 full time staff.
Innovation, flexibility and pioneering achievements are balanced in equal measure with grounded reality and the courage to speak out at the Emperor’s lack of new clothes. Somehow, it works…
Supported employment is a deeply personalised yet evidence–based approach allowing individuals with significant disabilities fulfill their employment aspirations and achieve real social and economic inclusion. It can also offer employers the positive benefits of diversity, employee motivation and a wider customer appeal. So not only individuals but also organisations, communities, even the government will also benefit from your endeavors!
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an employment support agency that provides a youth focused service that is dynamic, accessible and results targeted.
Suitable applicants could come from a variety of backgrounds but must:
• Have experience in working with young people of high needs
• Preferably, have knowledge of local Youth community networks
• Have experience within Work & Income processes as this would be an advantage
• Be good questioners, great listeners, effective networkers and outstanding advocates to fully engage both employers and jobseekers
• Understand employer’s needs and identify vacancies. First hand experience of NZ workplace cultures and businesses is essential
• Possess keen and creative negotiation skills, resilience, tenacity and occasional bloody mindedness focusing on job matches and on-going support
• Passionately promote, respect and ultimately enable jobseeker choice and control
• Have the insight and common decency to be appropriately culturally sensitive
Empathy, knowledge or experience of mental health would be a distinct advantage, as would a hunger to learn, grow and share. A working knowledge of MS Office, a full drivers licence and the right to work in New Zealand are non-negotiable.
EDGE Employment is a values based, innovative, maybe even slightly quirky environment. We will do our very best to give you the right balance of freedom, support, development, encouragement and aroha.
Please copy and paste the employment application form into your browser to fill it in.
Job Description: https://connectsr.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/EmploymentConsultant.pdf
Please forward the completed Employment application form, with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We very much look forward to working with you.