Creating a life of freedom and wellbeing by taking an active role in the recovery journey
What we offer
We are a personalized mental health residential service that assists people to get the life they want. People stay with us for up to 18 months. Our flexible support includes having staff available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
How does it work?
- Our program is unique. We aim to develop readiness to change, which then enables people to gain or regain significant and meaningful roles in their life.
- We acknowledge that people are at different stages of their recovery and work with them to develop, learn and grow at their own pace.
- We work alongside people to help them prepare to make changes in their lives in relation to work, living, socializing or study.
- Every person is seen as an individual – the driver of their own recovery. As such we work with the person on what they want to change.
- We encourage the participation of family, whanau and significant others in our interactions and recovery based work with people.
- We work with people to navigate other services such as clinical, NGO and culturally specific services.
Who can stay at Abeo House?
People who are supported by a community mental health team.