A free personalised service to help you recover from alcohol and other drug related issues.
The AOD Peer Support Service (Mahi Marumaru) is a personalised service that supports people in their recovery from alcohol and other drug related issues. All Peer Support Workers have their own lived experience of addictions and personal journeys of recovery.
Our service is about people creating relationships with peers and others in a new and different way that supports and promotes growth, recovery and general wellbeing.
What will we do?
- Share our own personal journeys to recovery, in a way that inspires hope.
- Offer help and support in a mutual and balanced relationship where we learn from each other.
- Support you in exploring your own power to recover.
- Support people to find their personal strength while we grow and learn together.
- Value your personal experience.
- Offer one-to-one and group Peer Support.
Who can access our service?
Anyone aged 18-65 who normally resides in the Counties Manukau DHB area is eligible for this service (Even if you are receiving residential treatment in another Auckland DHB and intend to return to CMDHB).
Please note that we prefer self referrals, but are happy to accept introductions from clinicians, other services and family.